Izabella Lipetski is known as the best real estate agent in California. If you are looking for the best realtor in East Bay California you are at the right place. This blog is a real life story of Izabella lipetski about the challeneges she faced while helping a client buy his dream house.
Challenges I Faced Helping a Client Buy His Dream Home
There is never a dull moment when you are a real estate agent in East Bay California. Every situation is different, every transaction is different. Each and every day, different things arise from different transactions that it becomes difficult to keep track of what is happening. But difficult as it may seem, this to me is the greatest thing about being a real estate agent: being able to help someone realize one of their dreams by guiding them through the purchase of their dream home.
It may seem easy, but the fact that we encounter different situations on a daily basis means we must overcome different challenges on a daily basis too. When helping a client buy a home, there are many different challenges that will arise even before the transaction is over. Let’s take a look at the different hurdles I had to go through and overcome before finally helping the client move into his dream home.
- Timing – The COVID-19 pandemic really threw a wrench to the plans of a lot of people, my clients included. With the different restrictions in place due to the virus, I had to get creative in looking for the perfect place for them. My client, (who is the buyer) had one early condition before he is able to buy his dream house, his current house had to be listed. We listed his house early in the year but had to put the listing on hold a number of times due to the pandemic.
- Handling Emotions– Oh yes, buying a house can be very stressful. The excitement of buying a new home is enough to cause a lot of anxiety. And as if buying your dream home is not stressful enough, it gets more difficult when you are trying to sell your current home simultaneously. In times like this, it is up to the Agent to help handle the emotions of the client. It pays to have a lot of patience and a lot of knowledge about the current market situation.
- Budget Just Right – I was working within a specific budget range in looking for the perfect home for my client. While it is easy to look for houses within a certain “budget”, it is my duty as the Agent to make sure that my client gets the best value for the money he has. And this is where things get a little tricky. I had to make sure that I fully understood my client’s requirements in order for me to be able to look for an appropriately priced house.
- Unmet Expectations– As homebuyers, it is understandable that people have a general idea of what their dream homes should look like, and I can’t blame them. We all expect that we get the best home for the hard-earned money that we have. It is my duty to make sure that my client gets the best “bang for the buck” home that I can find. Taking into consideration factors like location, house condition, and price, among others, it is also my duty to advise my client whether he is getting a good deal for the home that he envisions.
- Closing the Sale– When all of the initial obstacles are hurdled, it is now my duty to make sure that all documents are in order to ensure a seamless and worry-free transaction. Fortunately for my client, I found a seller who was also very accommodating and was as eager to sell.
There are so many other things I will write about. Stay tuned to get more on the real estate market in California.